Friday, August 7, 2009

a diamond in the snow


i want to thank my parents for always standing by MY decisions..they never told me who to marry, where to go for school, what type of job to have, they never gave me an income requirement, they never told me to date someone rich or who was cultured and played violin, how to raise my kids (although I complain frequently) . I don't know if that's an American thing or just a King/McLane thing but i really value that my choices have always been mine, and the mistakes have been mine. I have fallen but if they had caught me I would not have learned the lesson.

and..I married someone who had basic values as mine..priorities of living simple, of not having to buy expensive crap to make us feel worthwhile, of being happy for what we have, of living in hawaii if it was a good decision for both of us (that's hard to find..a lot of people want to live in hawaii but not many can move here and get a job), of understanding the simple happiness that comes from being in the water, of being able to explain to him a good wave and he 'gets' it..he allows me to grow and do different things, travel on my own, he is never selfish and never requires me to be with him, he encourages my freedom and independence, my free time, he loves our son, he loves my other son, he would never make me choose, he'd never say no to letting my older son live with us, he'd work two jobs at fast food to keep us going, he's willing to relocate to make me happy (we came back from big island cuz i hated it). he does not require that i make dinner for him or spend extra time with the kids. he is the first one out of bed to tend to Zack when Zack wakes up.

i get pretty annoyed but i think it's because i'm tough to live with..prefer to be alone in the morning so i can get things done. don't like tripping over people in the am hours. he understands, puts the baby in the stroller, and goes out walking.

he doesn't kiss me as much as i'd like and has to be reminded to bring flowers..but compared to all of his other traits..i think i'll let him work on improving that part and tell him today, that i love him, and i value who he is.

but more kissing is good

No comments:

Post a Comment