Saturday, August 22, 2009

two of swords


interesting photo..the swords are there in case they decide to do battle, makes you wonder if they are a team or if they are both waiting to see who will draw the sword first. battles are bloody..they never end well.

I sold off the teal Sim yesterday, in a way it has lifted a pressure that 'you better go dance since this expensive costume is sitting in your closet' . I do miss dance, but I miss dance for what it is and not for performance. I miss going to good live shows and being in that community. I used to think if I kept around one costume it would motivate me to go perform again. The opportunities have definitely presented themselves. I suppose it's part of that removal process..I'm still going thru boxes of old items and I think once they are all gone, I'll be able to carefully select new items that will represent the new ??? new something. Selling things off (and donating..donated a bunch of stuff to a local art school) is a wonderful feeling, i can feel my sense of responsibilities lifting with each item that leaves. I don't have to take the time to care for those items anymore..or feel that I should be doing something with them since I have them.

Moving to Hawaii has been great for that..I used to be a packrat and keep anything that I might use ten years later. But with a small apartment shared with two dudes..and I do get most of the closet, it's much easier to have boxes gone. I'm still struggling over this one item, it's a beautiful glass horse my father gave to me years and years ago. I don't have many items left from my days with him. This horse has a broken foot so I can no longer display it or it will fall over. But I can't seem to part with it. I also have a black kimono he brought to me after a trip overseas..I don't even know which country he visited but I've had this kimono since I was 8 or so and won't part with it.

Sometimes I wish we had no furniture..maybe a couch and the tv for Survivor and Lost although lately I can't seem to find time to watch much tv either. Am more interested in reading nurse material. But there's those days of mental exhaustion when it's good to veg in front of the set. We don't pay for cable so we just get local channels..I do miss the travel channel.

I think it's time to sell Fat Boy too..I love that board. But I recently picked up a nice steady epoxy, Dong, and you can only surf one at a time right?

But life is like that, you cut some things free so that you can invite other things in. I traded out a bunch of old costume items that I probably won't wear again for an ITOUCH ipod thingie and loaded the sucker with nursing apps and a translator app that is helping me slowly learn chinese. Enough chinese to start teaching the baby.

What will come in place of the teal sim? Probably something for the new nurse job. Probably a kick ass stethoscope and a comfy pair of white crocs. A drug guide. Maybe money towards a ticket to Japan.

But today I'm slicing away work..the past couple of weeks I have been working before breathing again. In mermaid terms. Today when the boys get back from their morning beach walk I'm going to go in the water..snorkel, surf, doesn't matter..but I'll do it slowly and not think about what I have to do when I get back. I won't line up the day of work and see how much I can get done. I have felt the balance sliding lately, that voice saying ..you're working too much, too hard, slow down a bit..summer is almost over...so I better listen.

I'll still fiddle around with something later. Load new pics, post new items. Respond to inquiries. But it will be after a slow session in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment